It is very much normal to lose some of your hairs from the scalp each day. But if you experience that your hairs have been shedding or thinning, then it is very much obvious that you are getting bald very soon. But hold on, you are not alone! The whole condition of losing hair and facing baldness is common among both men and women. When it comes to men, this condition is known as a “male baldness pattern”. The majority of people will experience the loss of hair during old age but for some people, it is genetics-based and might occur due to stress.
Right through this guide, we will explore some of the possible causes and its cure. Let’s get into the discussion below!
Interesting Facts about Hair Loss
Few interesting facts are:
- At an average level, every day you lose almost 50-100 each day. This is quite normal.
- Around 50% of women are experiencing balding
- At the age of 50, more than 85% of the women start facing balding
- 25% of men experience the issue of losing hair due to genetics at the age of 21.
What are the main symptoms?
To define the term androgenetic alopecia, we most often used the term balding. A few of the typical symptoms are:
- thinning on top of the head
- receding of hairline (in men)
- widening the hair part (in women)
How to know if you are losing hair?
If the loss of hair is starting at the crown or templates of your head, then this is the actual sign of male pattern baldness. Some of the men will eventually get a single bald spot. Others will experience their hairlines as receding to form an “M” shape. In some of the men, this will even continue to recede until all or most of the hair is gone.
Different Treatment Options for Hair Loss Cure
To better deal with the condition of baldness, you are left with two options as a cure discussed below:
- Minoxidil, Topical minoxidil, or Rogaine is known to be the over-the-counter prescription medication that can be used by both men and women. In just 6 months of time frame after the treatment, your scalp will witness an incredible growth of new and natural hair.
- Finasteride is a prescription drug that is extremely helpful to treat hair loss in men. In most individuals, this will result in regrowth or slower balding.
- Spironolactone is just prescribed by doctors for the treatment of female pattern baldness. It is helpful to reduce the androgen production and even blocks the emerging effects of DHT. This is one such hormone that can cause an increase in the loss.
- Hormone therapy is one such therapy that takes place during menopause, estrogen, and progesterone. This therapy is responsible to slow down the loss in women.
- Laser therapy is the treatment that can be done on both male and female pattern baldness. It makes the use of low energy pulses of light just for stimulating the follicles.
- Protein-rich plasma (PRP) injections use the platelets from your blood. It is fully concentrated and is yet injected into locations of the hair loss which will, later on, lead to natural growth. You can even make it call out as the off-label treatment for androgenetic alopecia.
- In the treatment of hair transplant, the surgeon will remove the existing hairs and will insert new follicles from various spots of the head with more hair.
- Proper nutrition such as omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and antioxidants also play a vital role to contribute towards the healthy growth.
Can hair loss be prevented?
There is no such way that can let you know about how you can prevent the male pattern baldness. It theoretically experiments that stress is the major cause of losing hair by the way of increasing the production levels of sex hormones inside the body. You can also reduce stress by completely participating in relaxing activities, such as walking, or listening to calming music, and even enjoying more quiet time.
Some of the helpful tips to prevent the loss are:
- Always wear loose hairstyles because tight hairstyles can contribute t breakage. Tight ponytails or braids will damage your follicles.
- Limit the head damage by avoiding the use of styling tools such as straighteners and curling irons. They can damage the roots.
- Eat healthy food items which are rich in nutrients and vitamins.
- Wear cooling caps in the summer season because sun rays can damage your scalp due to sweating.
- Avoid taking any medications or drugs for the hair growth until it is not prescribed by the doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best hair loss cure in Lahore Pakistan?
There are many options available at our clinic like PRR, Laser therapy, stem cell, Fue and FUT hair transplant surgery.
What is the cost range of hair loss cure in Lahore Pakistan?
The cost depends upon the nature of condition. Sometimes simple medicine can prevent hair fall and mostly advance level baldness needs hair restoration surgery and its cost range is 75000 to 150,000 Pak Rupees.